Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Purpose

"I really think I'm here for a purpose. Even if it takes 100 or 1,000 years, I have to do what I was meant to do." Mattie J.T. Stepanek

I heard once, that every human being needs to know they're loved regardless of who they are, where they come from or what they've done or not done. And also, that everyone needs to know there's a reason, a purpose for their lives. I believe that is right on true.


For me, knowing I'm loved gives me courage.  And I'm energized knowing there's some purpose for my life. That purpose can be small or big or something I do every day or once a week, or once a month or even once a year. Sometimes it's touching the hearts of many. And sometimes it's touching the life of just one. Most days my purpose is mom. Other days it's reaching out and encouraging others to never give up, to live free, to hold tight to hope.  

There was a time, I didn't think I had any reason for being. But once things turned around, and I started to feel loved, I searched for my purpose and amazingly things fell into place. 

I've noticed every few years it changes. I'm at that place again.....wondering what am I here for, what I can do to make a difference. I know the everyday stuff....but I want more.....to do more....and to always live giving back for this amazing life I've been gifted. Thankful for....

-knowing I am loved b/c that knowing enables me to live free. 
-knowing I have purpose. When doors close at one thing, I know in my gut, there's something else brewing. It's just giving that thing time to come into focus. 
-Him, b/c He makes life exciting, an adventure. He always has new plans, neat things and the best, He always opens and closes all the right doors.

Happy Thursday, Guys. 
  

9 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What an inspiring post, Nikki! Everyone has a purpose otherwise we wouldn't be here. That's exciting! I pray He opens a brand new door for you this year. I know He has armed you with everything you need. Be blessed, my friend, and thank you for being a blessing!

Hugs,
Sandi

Sharon said...

I can relate to that place - feeling a longing to do something more, yet not knowing what that looks like. It's a season of waiting, and waiting is so hard sometimes. I have to remind myself that God's ultimate purpose is for us to look like His Son. And that can be accomplished no matter what we're *doing* - for He is shaping us into *becoming*!!

GOD BLESS, Nikki!

Joy said...

Amazing how this life is. So much surprises and challenge as we go through with it.
Me too is thankful to contribute something to this world or to inspire one or more. To the glory of our amazing God:)

Margie said...

Life has so much more meaning knowing we all have a purpose and are loved.

Thanks for always inspiring, Nikki

Nana Jul said...

Great post Nikki! His Love does give us Courage and a braveness we would not have with out Him. The times we've seen Him move mountains and open pathways before us encourage us to hold on because there is always more in store for those Willing to go where He leads. You are willing and expectant! It will come sister! He IS Faithful!
Love ya
Jul

Launna said...

Nikki, I know you will find the next path of where you should be... I wish I could find it as easily. The good thing for me is that I am searching for it, when I used to run from it... Have a great weekend xox

Lowcarb team member said...

"I heard once, that every human being needs to know they're loved regardless of who they are, where they come from or what they've done or not done. And also, that everyone needs to know there's a reason, a purpose for their lives. I believe that is right on true."

Just so with you at the start of your post. A hug, a touch, saying hello and how are you, even perhaps a look shared can make a difference to many peoples lives.

All the best Jan

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Great post...I can relate to this so well, you have said it well
I look forward to how God reveals the new thing for you

Connie said...

I do believe we all have a purpose. Some have difficulty finding it, but it is there. Nice post!