Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Purpose.

“If I survived, it must be for some reason. I must do something with my life. There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”  Eli Wiesel. 

I have a need to live my life with a purpose. I've been that way since I got free - the need to reach back, the desire to help others make it - the ache inside to pass on hope. 

I feel that's what I'm doing writing this new book - interviewing people of all backgrounds, cultures, rich and poor. Their willingness to share with me the truth of their lives, humbles me and I want to honour them, to hold their truths, their lives sacredly because each one and each life story is sacred. 

I tell myself over and over, every life has purpose. I don't understand why some people do something or other, but I know they are guided by some principle or belief. Just like I am in the things I do. 

The greatest thing for me is showing kindness and dignity and love and always always holding my hand out to be a friend, to connect. 

Yesterday I interviewed two women through a translator because they didn't speak English. Our eyes talked to each other and afterward, we hugged and nodded. We got each other. We connected. That feeling will stay with me for a long time. 

If I survived, then I must do something with my life. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.


3 comments:

Connie said...

Being kind and connecting to others seem like the best goals to me. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! :)

Carrie Van Horn said...

You are such an inspiration Sarah! I am so excited about this book and am going to buy it soon. Hope you are having a great week. :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Every life does have purpose.
Being kind to each other every day is important.
Connecting with each other is important.

All the best Jan