Thursday, June 15, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Believe for the Impossible.

"The day will come when the man at the telephone will be able to see the distant person to whom he is speaking."Alexander Graham Bell. 
 
How did he do it? How did Graham Bell come up with an idea so neat that people could actually talk to each other from far away? 

No had ever imagined that before. Bell even believed people would one day actually see the person they were talking to.   

Bell was a dreamer. He saw what others didn't. He went beyond what was - to what could be. He invested in his dreams and then claimed them not only possible, but a definite reality.  

I love that. I love that Bell walked his own path. I love that he didn't allow anyone to change his mind on what he believed possible. 

I want Bell's drive to become my drive. I want his motto to become my motto - "with ever door that closes a new one opens."  I want his determination to keep trying, to never give up to become mine - to stay in the game no matter how many fails I experience. 

And like Bell, I want to believe in my dreams even when they seem absurd and impossible. 

Right now I am working on a new book. The government gave me a grant to do it. My vision is to bring my community together in kindness and appreciation for each other through sharing their life stories. I'm excited and love that so many people already are wanting to jump on-board and be part of this project.  

Grateful for all those past and present who teach me to believe in my dreams.  Happy Thursday, Guys.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Best of luck to you on your new book. How wonderful that you have received a grant to write it!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

That is great to receive a grant! I hope all your dreams come true with the book. I never knew Bell had such big dreams, wow

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Wishing you all the best with your new project.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is very exciting Nikki, and so good that the government have given you a grant to help too. Hope all goes well with the new book.

All the best Jan