Friday, February 24, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Power of Love


"Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough. Not only have I found that when I talk to the little flower or to the little peanut they will give up their secrets, but I have found that when I silently commune with people, they give up their secrets also if you love them enough." George Washington Carver. 

The power of love! It can soften the hardest heart. 

It's interesting to me that George Carver was born a slave. He experienced firsthand the tough, the mean, the awful ways people can treat other people. 

But somehow this amazing man realized that living kind, living gentle, living loving was the best way to be in the world. 

I agree. Happy Thursday, Guys.   

7 comments:

Nana Jul said...

It's amazing what Kindness, gentleness and LOVE will do!
I agree as well!
Have a great weekend Nikki!

DUTA said...

I prefer actions of love to words of love. Words can be treacherous, fake, meaningless. There are a lot of bloggers out there that constantly write about love and kindness; few seem to know the real meaning of it.

Connie said...

Reading the title of your post made me hear the song, "Power of Love," by Huey Lewis in my head. :) I also agree that love and kindness are incredible forces that can bring about great things in our world. Wishing you a happy weekend!

Launna said...

It's amazing how wonderful people can be even after all the horrible and sad incidents that happened in their lives... they are truly good and kind people... I agree too Nikki xox

Lux G. said...

Agree! Love is so gentle, yet so powerful.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hello, Nikki! Love is the powerful force in the world...

Lowcarb team member said...

Love this post Nikki ...
"living kind, living gentle, living loving was the best way to be in the world."

Love, although gentle, is more powerful.

Sending my good wishes for the month of March

All the best Jan