Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Fear vs Faith.







"Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves." Cheryl Strayed. 

It's easy to be afraid - to think the worst...to fear what's going to happen in the future, or even worry about simple day to day things. 

And sometimes, I'm afraid to be true to myself....to stand up for what I believe when others around me don't want me to. 

But I always remember what someone once told me about fear. 

Fear is the opposite of faith. The two are like a positive and negative magnet. They always repel each other. It's impossible to bring the two together. 

Faith and fear work the same. It's impossible to move in fear and faith at the same time. 

Fear is all about thinking - what if so and so happens. What if I can't do it. What if I fail. What if.....

Faith is all about trusting - I'm okay, everything will work out for my highest good. And for me I know He's got my back. He has a plan, and a purpose and has promised to work out all details for my highest good. Even the bad stuff will eventually turn out amazing. 

Yep I choose to kick fear to the curb and walk in faith.
Happy Thursday, Guys.



9 comments:

Connie said...

Great post, Nikki! It is so true that faith and fear are opposites and that if you have one, there's no room for the other. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Launna said...

I adore how you explain this Nikki, it is truthful... It's not easy to admit that if you are walking through fear that there is no way you can have faith... I have been back and forth in both and fear is a desolate feeling... not a good place to be xox

DUTA said...

I do have fears, and I do have faith, faith in God that He will help me deal with my fears, help me overcome them.I have much less faith in myself as I am human and as such make a lot of mistakes whose result is sometimes the cause of fear.
Anyway, your post has given me food to deep thought on this topic of fear and faith.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I choose faith over fear anyday...well-said...

Wishing you a great weekend :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

My parents were both terrible worriers and unfortunately they passed that trait onto their children. Faith and fear are polar opposites as you said and you cannot walk in faith when you are walking in fear. As God's child, I have to choose faith over fear every day. The secret is to place ourselves in His hands and trust Him to work it out. When I choose faith, when I choose to think on Philippians 4:8, faith chases the fear away. Works every time. Have a great weekend, Nikki.

Blessings,
Sandi

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

This is so rich and so true. It was Aristotle who said, "Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil." That sounds harsh, but if you examine it closely, it is truth. We cannot have fear and faith at the same time.

Sandra Cox said...

Fear and self doubt can be crippling.

Sharon said...

Fear and faith - my lifelong struggle. There have been so many situations lately that have caused my worries and anxieties to hit a fever pitch. But God is working in me to steadfastly believe, "Even the bad stuff will eventually turn out amazing."

GOD BLESS!

Lux G. said...

Such opposite poles these two are. Faith wins if we let it. :)