Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thankful Thursday

"There is nothing sweeter in this sad world than the sound of someone you love calling your name." Kate DiCamillio. 

Some days are exhausting. Everything's a struggle. Nothing goes right. And then you meetup with someone you love or you come home and hear and feel from your family a love that goes right down into your bones and everything you went through that day simply melts away. You're loved. That's all that matters.

Love makes the difference. 
Love that looks at you differently. 
Love that tells you you're important. Special. Valued. 
That kind of love keeps you in the game, makes your world sing even on those dark days, the stressful ones, the days you feel like you don't count. 
Love warms like nothing else can. 

I used to run from love. People who said they loved me hurt me. But now I run towards it because I've discovered the real thing - love makes me strong, and it's a constant. Love makes me happy, content, and free. 
 
Happy Thursday, Guys.

5 comments:

Launna said...

Nikki... I think I have been running from love since 2012... maybe I need to starting running to it again... this post resonated with me because when I ran for it before it really hurt me... maybe I need to take a chance again xox

Connie said...

Feeling love and being loved really does make all the difference in the world. Great post, Nikki!

Denise said...

love is precious

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes love is precious ... and so many of us take it for granted, whereas others are searching for it. A good post.

I hope you've enjoyed the weekend and may the coming week be a good one for you.

All the best Jan

Sharon said...

I love that picture!! Honestly, love is truly the most wonderful thing. I love my Savior, I love my family and friends - but I also love a particular beagle who snuggles like nobody else!!

GOD BLESS!