Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday. - Hero.



“Sometimes you don’t need to do anything really courageous to feel like a hero. Sometimes all you have to do is live your life and claim it."  Diana Bletter. 

Heros to me are everyday people. The kind who go about their day unaware they're making a difference in someone's life just by being who they are. They shine hope through their smile or some small act of kindness. They overcome one thing, then tackle another; illness, divorce, lost of a child. 

The biggest thing - they claim their lives. They know who they are. When they're knocked down, they get back up. And they're always there, in the fight for other people, championing them on when life gets hard. 

The neat thing about heroes is that they come in all ages, sizes and cultures. I meet them everyday, in the neighbourhood, in my community and here online.

I'm a hero. You're a hero. All of us are everyday heros.
Happy Thursday, Guys. 

 

7 comments:

Connie said...

Great post! Heroes for me are often not in the limelight. They are behind the scenes, helping others, and not seeking any glory or attention for their deeds. Happy Thanksgiving, Nikki!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I never ever thought of myself as being a hero. When I was growing up, I had two heroes; my father and my uncle. My hubby is a hero. He stands above all the rest because he knows who he is and he is comfortable in his own skin. I call him the Mayor because everywhere we go, he stops to talk to people. He is a wonderful witness for the Lord and I am so thankful God has blessed me with him in my life. You have written another encouraging post, Nikki, and you are a true blessing and inspiration to us all. Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs from PEI,
Sandi

Lowcarb team member said...

... and every neighbourhood has there unsung heroes who go quietly along helping others.
Very special people.

All the best Jan

Launna said...

I love this post Nikki... we all everyday hero's... It can be tough being a hero, always getting back up, always being strong, you are an inspiration to me xox

Denise said...

wonderful post

Sharon said...

Love this.

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Some take center stage, and some work in the background. But, if we're all doing the work of The Greatest Hero of All Time (Jesus!), then nothing we do is in vain!!

GOD BLESS!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy December - hope it has started well for you.

All the best Jan