Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thankful Thursday

“Where there's a will, there's a way." English Proverb.

I've learned there's always a way to get what I want. Even when the thing seems unattainable. Even when everyone is saying, 'no way.' 'can't.' 'won't happen.' 

I believe if something is in my heart to do, then I'm going to at least try for it. I don't want to sit on the sidelines wishing, hoping, dreaming. I want to get out, get up and make things happen. It's the way I'm built. It's who I am. 

Impossible to do something? No way!!! As Emily Dickensen said, "I dwell in posibility."  Grateful for.....

-taking back a community centre that a small group tried to destroy. It's a centre that has been a landmark in the community for years, giving hope to many. A core group of us who banded together and against odds, we fought, others became inspired and joined us until we became this incredible army of people, and we won the place back. 
-writing books - so many said, 'you can't, no one will buy it, it won't sell.' Well, the books are selling and now translated into Russian and being distributed in the Ukraine and also here across North America.

Want something? Go for it. Nothing is impossible, especially if He's in it. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.

8 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I totally agree with you, Nikki! If He is in it, it can become a reality. I have seen answered prayer so many times because I didn't give up. Even now some things seem almost impossible but I believe in a big God who is in this with me. Hope you and your girls enjoyed your Canada Day. We finally got some nice warm sunny weather so it was perfect here on the Island. Wishing you a terrific weekend ahead.

Blessings,
Sandi

Annesphamily said...

Always encouragement is what I find where you are. Thank you for sharing. I hope your weekend is beautiful and blessed. You are awesome! My cousin Mike has been writing about the great neighborhood we grew up in. I started adding to his stories as of July 1sr. I promised to do it for all 31 days of July. I often wish we could take back our entire neighborhood. Gangs and drugs in my hometown like so many places. But I would like to see the entire neighborhood considered a historical place and see it preserved, so we do what we can and wait and pray. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you! Anne

Nana Jul said...

I love the hope and encouragement you share here!!
If God's in it - nothing is impossible - cuz HE is able!!
Love ya,
Jul

Connie said...

This is another inspiring and encouraging post, Nikki, which is what you do best. Have a nice weekend!

Launna said...

Beautiful Nikki, ... we have to go after our dreams... no one else will do it for us. Sometimes I listen to other people and when I do I'm never happy... more and more I am not giving up on my dreams xox ♡

Sharon said...

I've often said that my impossible is just a chance for *Him-possible*!!

GOD BLESS!

Lowcarb team member said...

Never, ever give up.
Do not take no for an answer.
" Want something? Go for it. Nothing is impossible " Agree with you 100%

Have a lovely, peaceful and restful weekend.

All the best Jan

Lux G. said...

Yes, I strongly believe in that. There's no excuses. It just depends on how badly you want something.

That mouse is adorable. :D