Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Beginning

“The secret to getting ahead is getting started.”  Mark Twain

Day one - 2015. A new year. Another beginning. A fresh start. I feel this anticipation in my gut and an expectancy that the year holds some incredible things. Can't wait to find out what they are. 

I love beginnings. It doesn't matter what happened before, good or bad, it's all done, finished....over. Everything is new. Everything is beginning again. New goals. Clean slate. And I'm ready. Everything in me is shouting, "let's go."  Thankful for....

-a great 2014. Looking back, remembering all the things that happened, especially the opportunities to make a difference for others, pumps me to start the new year with even greater purpose. 
-my oldest finishing her first semester of university with great marks and amazing experiences. I am totally proud of her. There was some definite stressful moments but she pulled everything together brillantly. 
-a week away in the south. It was spectacular...the beaches, the friendliness of the people, breathtaking nature. Loved every minute.
-my home. Going away was thrilling. Coming home was comforting. Something about returning home, seeing the familiar, is the best.
-Him. knowing that wherever I am, wherever I go, He's there. Always. He's the pilot, driver, companion, a forever Friend. He frees me to kick fear to the curb, let go and breathe peace. 

Happy New Start, Guys. It's going to be a fantastic year.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years and wishing you the best.

Launna said...

Happy New Year Nikki... I know it will be a great year... I so love coming over here every Thursday and reading your latest post... you are always so positive and uplifting... Thank you ;)

Joy said...

Happy New Year Nikki. So wonderful to read all the good things you had in 2014. Yes, with God we can too look forward in the future:)

Sharon said...

Great post, Nikki! Yup, a new year and a new beginning. Last year was an interesting year for me as God walked me through His *theme* - JOY. But yes, in the looking back, I see that joy was indeed found. In His presence, His peace, and His friendship!

Have a wonderful New Year's Day - and GOD BLESS!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Nikki,
I had company all day so this is the first time I've been able to look at my computer. So happy for your visit.
I'm so glad you had a great year and a wonderful vacation down south! Happy New Year, my friend, and may 2015 bring many sweet blessings your way!

Hugs from PEI,
Sandi

Nana Jul said...

Here's to a great year ahead of us!! He's already there and has awesome things planned for us. Let us hold onto HOPE and courageously step into all He has for us.
All things New!! Smiling!
Thanking God for you!
Love,
Jul

Connie said...

2014 was good to you. I hope 2015 is just as good or even better! Happy New Year, Nikki!