Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"Broken things can be made whole again, perhaps not as they were before, but maybe stronger this time." Carrie Ryan

I feel strong. Stronger than I've ever felt. I wish I could tell every broken person things change for the better. You just have to hold on and believe. Grateful for.....

1. They have started to translate my deception book into Russian and Ukraine. Their goal is to have it available there by Christmas. 
2. Running an empowerment workshop this morning for a group of amazing women. They tell me I inspire them but the truth is I always come home on a high. Their fight to be free, their courage to show up and share their pain and then reach for their best totally inspires me.
3.The donated deception books are moving. Besides the prisons, they're now in the U.K, Caribbean, and South Africa. I'm totally blown away that my story is helping others find hope. 
4.Asked to run a workshop on hope in May. In preparing for it, I remember the hopelessness that coloured my life...the despair that never left and then the touch of His gentleness. I love that I get to tell those who are where I was to never ever give up b/c life really does change. I'm proof.
5. And mostly that He showed me nothing is impossible to overcome. When He's on the scene, life gets better. Not all at once, but hope filters in and with that hope, faith that the bad will go and the good will come. 

Have an amazing Thursday, Guys.


12 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

your journey is amazing. I've loved watching how you've grown and how your books have change people's lives.

Nana Jul said...

Yes, you are living proof of our living God full of mercy, grace and a ton of forgiveness...more than enough for each day - Praise The Lord! Look at how far reaching your story is going!! Across the world and back! That's spreading Hope sister!
So thankful Our God is Able!!
Exceedingly and abundantly Able!
Love ya,
Jul

Saleslady371 said...

What an outpouring of hope here! I love that your books are such a blessing for those who need hope...and I guess that's every human. Happy Thursday!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You are such an inspiration and a blessing to others, Nikki! Praise God for miracles and the hope that He gives to us! Have a fabulous weekend.

Hugs from PEI,
Sandi

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a great quote! I'm glad your feeling strong....((HUGS))

Launna said...

Nikki... I hope you are right... I want to believe I will get to the other side of this challenge... I just don't know...

You are one of the most inspiring people and I love to come read your blog on Thursday... thank you for being you xox

Connie said...

Nikki, you are such an inspiration! Your message of hope is going around the world! :-)

RCUBEs said...

I still remember every testimony you had written in that powerful book! And I'm excited for you sister that you are making a difference because of Him! What a stark contrast to what you had to go through and look at where you are now! The more your testimony shows that "nothing is impossible with God!" Be strong sister and so happy to hear about your book! May it continue to reach others who need to hear God's love through your written words. God bless.

Joy said...

You are an inspiration Nikki!

Sharon said...

You amaze me. The testimony you give to the power of God working in and through you is an inspiration. May God continue to use all avenues to pass on your story for His glory!

GOD BLESS!

Anna said...

So exciting!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so proud of you and your wonderful work!