Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday


"Easter is very important to me. It's a second chance." Reba McIntyre

Easter is very important to me, it's a second chance.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/reba_mcentire.html#YBOXbW3C7QlTGhS9.99
Getting things right the first time doesn't always happen.....at least for me. I'm glad for second chances and sometimes even third and fourth and fifth ones.  Grateful for....

-Holidays. No getting up early. No rushing to programs, school, meetings, or appointments. 
-Holidays. special foods that we eat only at this time of year especially egg matza and marshmellow peeps. 
-Passover - for me it's about freedom. Really grateful for that. 
-Easter - For me, it's about love and sacrifice and going the extra just because. 
-Mostly grateful for the touch of His gentleness.....He's my run to safety....the One I can tell my heart...the One whose always there.....never leaves....never gives up on me.....& accepts me just as I am....with all my imperfections.

Happy Easter, Guys!!!!  

10 comments:

Joy said...

I am so thankful to God too for all the chances that he had given me and for more.
Foe letting me enjoy life and be loved:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have a beautiful Easter....He has risen, He has risen indeed!

Sharon said...

"He's my run to safety."

That was beautiful, and so expresses my heart.

GOD BLESS! And have a truly blessed Easter!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Nikki,
I too am grateful for the many chances I have been given. Life is messy and I mess up all the time. But like someone once said, He can take our mess and turn it into a message. Praise Him for that! Happy Easter to you and your family! Praying this Easter weekend will be a beautiful blessing to you.

Hugs from my heart to yours,
Sandi

Starry Dawn said...

Hi Nikki,
Awesome post, my friend!
HAPPY EASTER, NIKKI, FAMILY,
BELOVED ONES!
Have a blessed time with those
you love, sweetheart!
You were my first blog follower.
Thanks God I have found you!
Many Blessings in your way.
All the Best,
Poet Starry.

Launna said...

Nikki, you continue to amaze me weekly... oh how I wish I had your Faith... I need to turn myself around and get a little of that Faith...

Have a really wonderful Easter... relax and enjoy :)

Connie said...

Wishing you a very happy Easter! :)

Nana Jul said...

Happy Easter Nikki! So Thankful for His resurrection power working constantly in my life!
He's alive!
Praise the Lord!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Jul

Chatty Crone said...

Me too!
I hope your Easter tomorrow will be a blessed one.
sandie

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Have a blessed week, Nikki. Lovely post.