Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Linking up with Thankful Woman

"Gratitude is the best attitude" Author Unknown

Gratitude....I don't always feel it. Sometimes I feel like a spoiled child wanting what I don't have. I don't like when I get that way b/c the truth is.....I have so much to be thankful for. I think that's why I do TT. It helps me focus on the good things in my life....the amazing stuff that I've been given and there's so much of it. This week......I'm thankful for:

-being part of Toastmasters. Their encouragement and support has helped me stand up and speak and not run from my fears. I'm also grateful for the friendships that are forming.
-I spoke at a local women's centre. The women left encouraged and wanting more. I've agreed to do two more meetings over the next two weeks and then again in the fall. 
-I recieved a huge cheque from one of the places I spoke at. I decided when I started speaking to never charge to tell anyone what He's done for me b/c everything I recieved was free. And still...the money keeps coming in.
-I was rushing one morning this week and asked my youngest to wash her bowl after she finished eating breakie. I never checked when I came back home, and  went into the kitchen....I was surprised to she had not only washed her bowl, but had cleaned up the whole kitchen and put everything away.
-And mostly....for Him....reminding me through the people in my world.....and through nature...He's there..always. I used to think I had no purpose....and no value. He showed me that was never the case. I'm mostly grateful He never gave up on me. 

Anyone posting on gratitude....feel free to link up. 

13 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

Sarah I feel that way too. He is so good to us.
Dottie

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You have a great list of gratitude. Speaking is such a big accomplishment! (my fear)...Happy that it is working out

Chatty Crone said...

I'm happy for you too! And I have been keeping a gratitude journey for a few decades and it has changed my life.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

One of my daughter's used to do that fairly regularly. I would never know when she would do it but it was always such a nice surprise. She has moved out now...so she doesn't do it here anymore. Of course she doesn't leave a mess here anymore either.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So much to be grateful for! And how wonderful that your speaking is coming along so very wonderfully!!!! Finding out what God's plans are for you is just the best!!

RCUBEs said...

His love is so awesome that it would be impossible not to be thankful no matter what goes on around us. Take care sister and may you have a wonderful rest of the week, remaining strong in the Lord's mighty power. God bless.

Peggy said...

Thanks for the encouraging post and the reminder to be thankful for the many blessings I have, chief of which is that He never gave up on me. Indeed!

Teri Lynn said...

i love this post. you remind me to be thankful for what we usually call "the little things." but, there really are no little things when they are blessings from God...;O)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

There is so much to be grateful for because of Him.
Blessings,
Lyn

Debbie said...

A beautiful list of gratitude, Sarah. I particularly love the one about your daughter cleaning up even more than you expected or required.

Of One Heart said...

Aww. The baby cleaning up for you made me cry. SO SWEET! Adorable! Nikki, your blog is precious! :)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful list of thanksgiving...and even the precious cleaning up from your daughter, the surprise provision God is giving through your speaking.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The one thing I try to do almost everyday is thank God for all that He has done for me and has given to me. I don't think I am that way with my family. I am really happy at what you have accomplished with Toastmasters. I wanted you to know that with reading my post today you saw that I have spent days catching up. Well when I typed that post it note I thought I would be done before it actually posted. I'm not and I didn't want you to think I didn't visit with you! So here I am.