Saturday, May 21, 2011

Only Hope

Linking up with Charlotte and Ginger who every week host  Spiritual Sunday
 
“Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.” Elie Wiesel

I recently spoke to a group about the kindness of strangers. I have never forgotten the people....strangers....who reached out to me.....made a difference in my life....with their kindness. Although I never thought about it at the time....those people gave me hope. They believed in me. They helped me to not give up....to keep fighting. They made me believe things could change.

Hope  - without it there's no reason to go on on. 
Hope....it's what pushes us into believing things will somehow work out....that there's light at the end of the tunnel. 
Hope pushes back despair and gives strength and courage to keep moving forward towards what we want.....and need. 

Hope...it comes from Him...knowing He's always there...in my corner....His Word affirming the possiblities...but it also comes from others. A simple word....a reminder they're in my corner....that they believe in me....a phone call or email to say they're praying....all gives hope.

I want to always give others the hope to climb out of despair...to believe for the impossible.....to keep aiming for the inprobable.....I want to show that giving up is never an option.

A bloggy friend - Gaye, needs prayer. She's been standing strong in her faith.....believing for total healing from pancreatic cancer.. Earlier this week she emailed me......the tumor has grown by 30%, .  
Guys.....please pray for Gaye....


 so I lay my head back down and I lift my hands and pray......

21 comments:

Just Be Real said...

And that is what you do Sarah. You share your hope, your accomplishments, your struggles. You are a very light to many of us. Me espeically. Thank you for sharing as always from your heart. Blessings and much hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for sharing "hope" today.

Blessings,
Tammy

Joan Hall said...

Hi Sarah - you certainly share hope with many - the only True Hope.

Lifting up prayers for your friend.

Blessings,
Joan

Debbie said...

I believe that even pancreatic cancer is no match for the powerful healing hand of God. If I didn't have hope, I honestly don't know what I'd do. So often, especially lately, it's the thing that keeps me going.

Now, I'm going to click the video.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Sarah, I will keep Gaye in my prayers. Your song today is so beautiful.
God Bless,
Ginger

Brenda said...

What an encouraging site. Enjoyed looking around. I will pray for Gaye.

Shanae Branham said...

Hi Sarah,
It was good hearing for you. You sure can relate to Bryson's determination. Your life is an excellent example of it. This is a beautiful post. I love the message about kindness.
Cheers,
Shanae

Tracie Nall said...

Hope is a HUGE thing.

I'm praying for Gaye.

Virginia said...

Hope is the essential ingredient to withstanding the difficulties of life.
Will keep Gaye in my prayers...
Much Blessing.

Renee said...

There is a verse in Acts 2 of the Message that says, "I have pitched my tent in the land of hope." That is so important for us to do..no matter the circumstances. I am lifting your friend Gaye up in prayer.....

Shanda said...

Praying for Gaye tonight.

Denise said...

Believing, and praying for total healing of dear Gaye. I love you my friend.

Nana Jul said...

Hoping, Believing and praying for Gaye...Hope, is having faith with out seeing results, hope is vital to living! Nothing...Nothing is impossible for God!!! He MOVES mountains...calms the raging seas..whispers in the darkness, breaks the chains that bind, heals the sick, and makes the blind to see. He can do it!
Love the song, it was so beautiful!
Love you!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sarah, I love your post and the video today. I am praying for Gaye.

Unknown said...

Lovely song. And I'm praying for your friend! Have a blessed day!

Saleslady371 said...

I'm joining this praying army for Gaye. Keep us posted, Sarah. Love the song! I continue praying for opportunities for your story to be told. Looks like God is doing that! Hooray.

Charlotte said...

The song is so pretty and so true. I am praying for Gaye too.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Jennifer R said...

You're post are always so encouraging!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sarah~I believe in the kindness of strangers...In fact, I think of "A Streetcar Named Desire" and the "kindness of strangers" line in it...and it was written about an area right near me!

I will pray for Gaye and I pray for a complete healing for her...thank you for letting us know about this prayer opportunity.
Sending love your way,
Cindy

Of One Heart said...

YOU give me hope. Sending love and healing to Gaye.

xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the song, so nice to be back visiting you!