Thursday, July 29, 2010
Every time we remember to say "thank you" we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach
Saying thank you helps me remember how much I have been given. I never want to forget where I was....how empty life had been....how dark...and cold...and scary and lonely. I never want to forget because in remembering I am filled with overwhelming gratitute. Today....I'm thankful for;
- the house I live in....it's an amazing place where I feel safe and am surrounded by nature - waterfront....wooded trails....tons of wildlife and great neighbours.
- my family - they're in my corner always and even love me on days I'm grumpy and no fun to be around.
- a healthy body - considering all the damage I did to my body..I'm glad there's nothing physically wrong with me.
- being a fighter. I used to hate that I was a fighter...but now....I'm thankful I am b/c it's that fighter in me that's been my strength and has kept me in the game...
- blogging - has connected me with some pretty amazing people who I have come to really care about. You guys really are the best.....I am totally thankful for all of you.