Thursday, November 16, 2017

Calling




Don't ever let anyone insist you can't do something. Follow your heart. Go for it. It's your right - and maybe even your calling.

So many times something burned in my heart that I wanted to do. And so many times people stepped up to tell me you can't.   It won't work. Some even said, it's foolish, not realistic. 

Looking back I realize how many times I closed my ears to those people who couldn't see or feel what I did. People who wanted the best for me but didn't have the vision, or the passion burning in their hearts like it did in mine. 

I think now, those things inside us, the ideas that won't go away, the desires that keep us awake at night, the pull towards something or other - might be a calling, the thing we are meant to do.

I think that's where courage and brave comes in. To follow our hearts. It's the best thing because when we do, there's this huge satisfaction we feel inside us.

There's something else. For a long time close friends have suggested I do something that I wanted but I hemmed and hawed because I didn't have the faith to believe I could get it off the ground. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to go for it. Amazingly, it's all falling into place. Taking that first step even when I don't believe it'll work is powerful.   

Happy Thursday, Guys.
 

5 comments:

Connie said...

Happy Thursday, Nikki. I love your inspiring and encouraging words. Wishing you a happy week.

DUTA said...

I like the assertiveness in your posts, the way you urge people to be confident and not afraid to do things.
To be honest, I think there's also a scary side to assertiveness. It's those people with zero skills, trying to achieve goals just because they were told they could if only they wanted to. It doesn't work like this, one has to be equipped with the minimum right abilities, if not, collapse will follow.

Launna said...

Nikki, the scariest times are taking a step out of your comfort zone and doing what you are not sure you can do... it's great when you have people in your life who can see your potential...

It is also a really good idea to block out the people who don't believe in you... I completely agree xox

I look forward to hearing about your new endeavor... xox

Where I work, I am comfortable and I have no desire to change things up, however; my boss came to me and wanted me to take a huge leap and get uncomfortable... I was scared to death, I finally believed in her and said I will take the leap next year... I am working on believing myself that I can do it too xox

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm just so pleased that you 'decided to go for it' and that it is 'all falling into place'.
Long may it continue to do so.

All the best Jan

insta-fb-captions said...

Checkout Ramadan Mubarak Wishes Messages For Friends