Thursday, August 31, 2017

Thankful Thursday - A Gift




"View your burden as a gift. It's the theme that has been given you to work with. Accept that and lean into it." Anne Tyler

We all have something in our lives that plague us, and weigh us down. 

Things we wish we didn't always have to deal with - like an addiction of some sort that keeps us stuck in its grip, or a negative family who holds us back from realizing our dreams, or money or body or self-esteem issues that keep us in a cycle of defeat.  

Whatever it is that holds us and keeps us mentally going around and around in a circle like a dog chasing it's tail - maybe is really a gift. 

A gift that shows our strength, our courage, our ability to overcome and step onto paths that we may never have if 'the gift' hadn't been such a huge part of our lives. 

For me, the things I hated, the issues I struggled with for so long have been the very things that have taught me compassion and helped me live more honest and more kind. 

Today, I'm actually thankful for those 'burdens' that came as 'gifts' in disguise. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.

7 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a good way to look at things ... because we move on, change, improve - or at least try our best to!
I do like the image you've used here.

My good wishes for September.

All the best Jan

Connie said...

I like this perspective. Those "negative" things are often the motivation to encourage us to make positive changes.

Lux G. said...

True! There is a blessing behind every burden.

Joy (Aesther) said...

Hi Nikki,

It isn't really easy to see a burden as a blessing. Thanks for shedding perspective into the burdens we have. God bless! :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wonderful post, Nikki! I also believe as you do that those hardships that come our way only serve to make us stronger and hopefully, more like Him. We may get discouraged at times but if we keep looking up, He will see us through. Happy Autumn, my friend!

Hugs and Blessings from PEI,
Sandi

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Nikki
I do hope all is well and that your new book is coming along nicely ... you may have been talking/interviewing people as you referred to in an earlier post.

Take Care, my good wishes

All the best Jan

Lux G. said...

Couldn't agree more. Behind every burden is a blessing.