Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Voice.



"I believe that God is in me as the sun is in the colour and fragrance of a flower - the Light in my darkness, the Voice in my silence." Helen Keller. 

We all want to be heard, to have our voice - to have a platform to speak, to say our point of view.....what we think, what we believe is right or wrong for us. We all need our voice to to be heard.

Me too. I want my voice to be heard. But there are days there is only one Voice I want and need to hear, - the Voice that instills courage in me, and confidence. The Voice that draws me to stand strong and brave and kind. 

That's the reason I go to the mountains, and into the woods, and into the brilliance of nature, the quiet, the calm, the peaceful - to listen, and hear the Voice that empowers me to be in the world and to be strong. 

Happy Thursday, Guys. 

6 comments:

Connie said...

Well said, Nikki, and I agree. Some quiet time in Nature works wonders for me to unwind and get focused and re-centered. Have a good weekend!

DUTA said...

"I believe that God is in me...as the Voice in my silence" - I like that.
We don't have to look for God , He's everywhere and in each of us. When we turn to Him to ask for help, advice, protection He replies by making us FEEL that all we've asked is on the way to us.

Nature is the beautiful part of God's creation and it offers us pleasure, relaxation, and.. God-like Silence.
Beautifully written post!

Launna said...

Nikki, it is so good to take some quiet time so that you can get in touch with your spirituality... I have been lacking and I feel it... I have been working towards get it back xox Have a wonderful week and thank you for always inspiring me xox

Finding Pam said...

Just this morning I saw two young does in my front yard. Living in the country makes me so grateful to God and reminds me daily of how much he loves me. My hubs and I love Nature and all the critters that come to visit our property. We feed quite a zoo of critters.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Beautifully written...something we all need to read today I think :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Well said Nikki ... quiet time is important and revitalising.

Hope all is well, take care

All the best Jan