Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Kindness

"The highest form of wisdom is kindness." The Talmud. 

Whenever I've gone through hard times and felt on edge,  trying hard to keep things together, and then someone showed me kindness, something strange happened.  

Their simple gesture, or smile, or kind word helped me let go of the fight and relax and breath easier. And their kindness, even if just for a brief moment, gave me hope.....hope to hold on, to stay in the game, to not give up.

There's a wisdom in being kind, a power that nothing else equals. 

I used to be really hard on myself, but I know I can't only be kind to others, I also need to show myself kindness. For me that meant accepting I'll blow it, mess up at times, but making mistakes doesn't mean I'm a mistake. 

Living kind takes the edge off.   Happy Thursday, Guys. 

6 comments:

Launna said...

Living kind is such a good way to live Nikki... sometimes it is so much easier to be kind to others than to ourselves which is something we all need to change... I work on that daily too xox

Connie said...

This is such great advice. None of us know what burdens other people are carrying, so it is always a good idea to be kind. And, of course, we also need to remember to be kind to ourselves. Have a nice weekend, Nikki!

Lowcarb team member said...

Kindness to ourselves and others, we need to put this in practice ... always.

Hope you are having a good Friday, all good wishes for the weekend too.

All the best Jan

DUTA said...


Wise post!
I had a co-worker that was very kind to her cats but unkind to her collegues and other people. Well, we should show kindness both to humans and to animals. And, of course, one should learn to be kind and nice to oneself.
Self kindness will make our lives happier and will improve our behavior towards others.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

It is always a good thing to practice kindness because when shown to others, makes the world a better place. It is also a fruit of the Spirit. None of us knows what another is going through so it always pays to be kind. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Nikki.

Blessings
Sandi

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I truly believe that kindness makes the world go round...and it can change a person's life :)