Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Difference



"Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.  Cheryl Strayed. 

I used to run on fear. Fear colored everything I did or didn't do.  I didn't feel safe in the world, or strong. Definitely not brave. 

And then something happened. A touch of love - love that stayed, love that refused to give up, love that showed me a different way. 

Because of that love, fear slowly shifted to faith. Faith that I can, Faith that I will. Faith that I am safe and strong and brave. Faith trumped the dance of fear. 

Today I know, I can do anything. That love is still there, championing me on.....whispering every day, you can, you will, you're safe and strong and brave. 

Grateful for love that persisted and turned the darkness into light. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Faith is the one thing that can conquer fear every time. Inspiring post, Nikki. Have a nice week!

Nana Jul said...

So thankful that our God pursues us, just to whisper in our ears...you can, you will, you and I together can do anything!!
Love it Nikki...so grateful for you!

Lowcarb team member said...

"Grateful for love that persisted and turned the darkness into light."

What a perfect way to end your post.

All the best Jan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful post! Love conquers fear every time and turns darkness into light. I too am grateful. Enjoy your weekend, Nikki.

Blessings,
Sandi

Launna said...

Niki, I am glad you persisted and never gave into the darkness... you are so inspiring to me of how you overcame your dark times xox

Sharon said...

Fear runs my life way more than I'd like to admit. I am praying for release from this mighty stronghold. Love is the only cure, and the Light of the World is the only One to shine it in my life!!

GOD BLESS!

Connie Arnold said...

Beautiful post! Isn't it amazing what love can do? Such a blessing!