Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Faith & Determination



Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Harriet Tubman

She was born a slave. She owned nothing, not even herself. But Harriet Tubman had two things no one could take away from hera rock solid faith and a headstrong determination. 

So often I hear people say, they don't know anyone who could refer them for a job, or help them into some position they want. 

Tubman had no one. Worse, she was regarded as lower than low, less than human. Yet somehow Tubman became a powerhouse, a somebody, a woman who made a huge impact on the world.

Her faith and determination pushed her forward regardless of fear,  and humungo obstacles to become a conductor of the underground railroad, a scout and a humanitarian.

I want to be like Tubman. I want to live with intention and determination and faith. I want to make a difference in my small corner of the world, giving hope, helping others find freedom. 

If a slave woman alone can make such a huge impact, I and you can too. 

Here's to realizing dreams - Happy Thursday, Guys.  

7 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a great post, Nikki! I really admire women like Harriet Tubman. She overcame obstacles that we will never have to. It does my heart good to read this today and thanks for sharing it with us. Have a beautiful day.

Hugs,
Sandi

Lowcarb team member said...

Inspirational post Nikki ... and we can all make a difference in our little part of the world ... we just need to go and do it.
Pass on something good, it just makes sense to me.

Take Care my blogging friend

All the best Jan

Connie said...

What a wonderful post, Nikki. I sincerely believe you do make a big difference to the women you work with. Hope you have a nice weekend!

Denise said...

wonderful post.

Launna said...

Nikki, I could not agree with you more... realizing you dreams takes commitment and self determination... It's wonderful to have people who are in you corner but deep down you need to rely on yourself xox

Carrie Van Horn said...

As always thank you for your thankful heart Sarah. I wanted to take the time to ask you if you would be willing to read and review my book over at Amazon or at Good Reads. It is called "Butterflies and Land Mines" and the full author name is Carrie Van Horn. If you do not have time, I do completely understand. Starting in April I am going to have a promotion making it free for a week. So if you want to wait that would be great and free. :-) As I said, I understand if you cannot. I know you are busy, but if you do I will be grateful and honored! :-)

Lux G. said...

Hope you're having a wonderful week.
Stay grateful and blessed!