Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday Christmas.

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” Dr. Seuss.

Malls are packed. Parking lots at every shopping outlet are full. Last night on the news I heard that on average people spend $600 on Christmas gifts and that after Christmas there are long lineups of people returning or exchanging items and even gift cards are shoved in a drawer and forgotten and never spent.   

I like the lights, the decorations and feel of Christmas, but something about forced spending makes me wonder what is it about Christmas that makes people go out and spend so much money to buy things most of us don't need or even want. 

Imprinted in my heart - the time I was in the hospital, dying from the lifestyle I had been living, and He touched me....broke the chains that held me prisoner...freed me....gave me life. Turned all the sad into incredible joy. His Light shone in the darkness and His Light still shines.  

The reason for the celebration of Christmas in my mind - the birth of Jesus, God's incredible love, a peace and joy that can never be snuffed out and freedom. Complete and absolute freedom. 

Chag Molad Sameach  חג מולד שמח  Merry Christmas, Guys. 

6 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Beautiful, Nikki! I knew I would be in for a treat as soon as I longed on to your website!! You never seem to lose the passion for your first love and that excites me and encourages me to love Him more...

Merry Christmas! Blessings to you and your family.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Nikki, I so enjoyed your post today. Thank you for sharing what is most important about Christmas, the birth of our Saviour Jesus! If not for His coming, we wouldn't be celebrating at all. A Beautiful and Blessed Christmas to you and your family!

From my heart and home to yours,
Sandi

Connie said...

Lovely post, Nikki! Merry Christmas!

Sharon said...

Such wonderful words, Nikki! Your story of *rebirth* is an inspiration to so many. And, it was only possible because of the birth of our Savior!

May you have a most Merry CHRISTmas, and GOD BLESS!

Launna said...

Merry Christmas Nikki... I agree with you whole heartedly. In years past I spent too much money on gifts... today I don't I budget all year for it, a little each month xox

I hope you have a really lovely holidays with your family and friends ♡♡♡

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope your Christmas was a good one ...

All the best Jan