Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Changes



“We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Change - it's been a theme running through my mind....letting go of what was, moving on to something new, something different. A fresh focus. 

Some people have moved away, passed away, or left. Things I've been involved in changed hands and are moving in new directions. Kids are growing up changing the dynamics of mom looking out for them as much or in the same way.

So where do I fit. What do I do now? Where do I belong? 

I used to hate changes. I tried to avoid them at all costs. I was afraid of anything rocking the familiar.  

Not anymore. Now I feel an excitement inside. I have dreams, ideas. I know my life has purpose. I've felt this since He touched me, changed the direction of my life from restlessness to calm. 

I know He's got something wild and wonderful set up. A new venture....something fresh. It's in the works and slowly unfolding. I got a call yesterday to run a writing group at a half way house for women, starting in January. And also a retirement home, to help seniors who want to write their life stories to leave a legacy for their family. 

And the people who love me are constants. Life brings changes and I'm ready!!!
Happy Thursday, Guys. 

6 comments:

Denise said...

great post my friend.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Yes, change can be good. That's why I've made a change on my blog. I felt it was getting stale. I don't always welcome change because mostly I like things to remain the same. But what is it they say? Change is as good as a rest. Change can be exciting. When our last child went off to university, we were terribly lonesome for our kids. Our home seemed so empty without them. For twenty-four years motherhood was my job and I didn't quite know what to do with myself. It was at that time that God brought a big change into our lives and it was wonderful! It was a fresh new beginning. Thank you for your post and sharing your view on changes. Wishing you the best weekend, Nikki.

Big hugs and blessings from PEI,
Sandi

Connie said...

I've been dealing with several changes in my life too. I'm doing my best to both embrace the changes and move forward. Nice post, Nikki. Hope you have a good week.

Launna said...

Nikki, I love how you embrace change... I adore seeing the path your life is on... keep going, I can't wait to hear how it all goes xox ♡

Sharon said...

I do not like change. And so, I am greatly inspired by the way you embrace it. May the Lord teach me to not place security in the things that are familiar, to not become comfortable in my complacency, and to embrace the changing transformations He wants to make happen in my life!

GOD BLESS!

Lowcarb team member said...

You have a lot of new things in your life to look forward to. The path we tread often brings twists and turns - I look forward to reading more in the weeks and months ahead.

All the best Jan