Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Freedom


“Freedom, I found is not only in the running, but in the heart, the mind, the hands.” Louise Erdrich

People fight and struggle to break out of all kinds of things and situations that hold them prisoner. And some amazingly make it to the freedom side. 

But over the years I've learned that standing on the freedom side isn't necessarily being free. 

Freedom has to take place in the heart, in the mind, and in the soul. I think freedom is inside a person long before they physically arrive on the freedom side. 

I'm grateful today for the freedom that got into my skin, into my bones and into my blood.
And for my faith that made it all happen.
   

Happy Thursday, Guys.    

9 comments:

Connie said...

I agree that freedom is often something that comes from inside. You have to allow yourself to be free to do what is best for you.

Denise said...

amen my friend, love you.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I've been away from my computer for a couple of weeks with my son home. Nice to touch base with you again, Nikki. Great message!

Blessings,
Sandi

Lowcarb team member said...

Freedom is so worth fighting for ... and it is within us all!

All the best Jan

Launna said...

I want to get to the freedom side... one day I will...I love you inspiring words Nikki ♡

Terri Tiffany said...

You are so right! It has to fill you!!

Lux G. said...

Stay free and joyful. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Thinking of you and sending good wishes for a Happy September

All the best Jan

Sharon said...

Isn't it ironic that people who think they're doing their own thing, are really slaves to sin? And many think being a Christian means being subjected to a bunch of rules, when it really means total freedom.

Oh, how grateful I am to know the Truth - that grace brings freedom in the truest and fullest sense. May God continue to free us from all that hinders us from following Him...

GOD BLESS!