Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thankful Thursday -

"Don't give up, don't give in. Others have been where you've been and just around the corner is a smile. You need to remember that summer follows winter and life can be renewed." Ray Watson

Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it seems that the yuck stuff will last forever and nothing will ever change. 

When I look out my window and see all the dried up flowers, grass and trees, it's hard to believe that soon they'll become full of colour and brilliance again. But they do....like clockwork....every spring as the snow melts, the brown drab plants revive and come back to life.I am in awe how that happens year after year after year.

Don't give up is my motto. Never give in b/c springtime always comes after winter....the pain lifts and life is renewed. It's the way it is. So never ever give in b/c things always change for the better. Grateful for.....

-the seasons that teach me more than any book could...to wait...to trust...to know that after every winter comes summer. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.

8 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

The harsh winters usually beat us down by this time of year and we so long for nature to display her color again. Same in life. Have a great Thursday, Nikki!

Connie said...

This is so true and a good reminder! The crocuses are beautiful! I'm so happy to see spring arriving.

Launna said...

Happy Thursday Nikki... that is what I am trying to hold on to... now that Nova Scotia (Halifax particularly) has basically come to a standstill after 2 snow storms back to back and no one can see anything but white. Soon though it will be gone and we will see the grass and pavement... a little sooner would be nice xox

Nana Jul said...

Praising God for the Springtime!
Refreshing!
Love ya
Jul

Margie said...

I so love spring and always appreciate your encouraging words, thanks Nikki.

Margie said...

Nikki(Sarah)
I just came again to say 'thank you' for the most kind words on the poem I posted about my mother, I was truly touched.

Hugs

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

A lesson for the ages.

Stephanie said...

Thank goodness the beauty of spring gives us all something to look forward to. A wonderful post!