Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Strong




"Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of.Bethany Hamilton

Bethany is definitely proof of that. She was a young surfer who had her arm amputated after a shark bite. Instead of giving into fear, she jumped back on the board and took up surfing again. 

My girls and their friends have already figured out that Bethany's saying trumps the one I learned, sugar and spice and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of.  I see their grit and determination. I hear their strong belief that they're strong and capable of anything and everything. 

And Bethany's words are not just for little girls. It's for everyone. I've taken her saying for me too and running with it. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that movie and she is a remarkable young woman.

Joy said...

What an inspiration! Thank for sharing:)

Sharon said...

Great saying, great girl. And behind us, making us strong, is a very great God!!

GOD BLESS!

Lux G. said...

Now we don't have any excuse not to try something. What a brave girl! Her story is inspiring.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What an inspiration she is! I'm a bit late visiting this week as I have been rather occupied with some things going on in my family. It's always nice to pop by and see what you have been up to. Thank you for sharing this and enjoy your weekend.

Hugs & blessings,
Sandi

Connie said...

She is so amazing and inspiring!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Hers is an amazing story of courage.

Launna said...

I love the positive attitude this girl has, she is a wonderful example for each and everyone of us xox

I hope you had a great week Nikki... sorry I haven't been around sooner, I was really busy studying for an exam... I passed and I am so glad to just be able to relax and think of other things... :)