Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"Dare and dare again and go on daring." Georges Danton

A friend I hadn't seen in a while popped over last week. First thing she asked, "Whatcha been up to these days?"
"Same old. Same old." I replied. "It's all good but I need a new adventure, something exciting, something that grips my heart and makes it soar."
"I'm in," she laughed. "Let's do it together."

She's coming over again today and I know we're going to laugh and dream and toss ideas back and forth on taking risks and daring to listen to our hearts and follow its lead. The two of us always seem to be in the same head space. Love that. She's a great reminder to live what someone once told me,  'life is meant to be lived, not endured.' I used to endure life, but now, I want to live excited, in the moment, everyday, in the busy and in the calm. Grateful for.......

-friends to dream with. 
-opportunities to give back. Preparing to do more workshops in November. Love love love doing them b/c I get so much back. 
-my relationship with my kids. Grateful for the strong bond between us. 
-The little owl that's been hanging out near our place. Nature has this incredible way of always making my heart fly. 
-mostly, for Him being my anchor, always in my corner, always there as a safe place to fall. That constant gives me courage to take  risks, and to live without fear. 

Have an amazing Thursday, Guys. 

8 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Friends like that are so special.enjoy your time together.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful friend! I just know that the two of you are going to come up with some great adventure! Thelma and Louise? (Just don't copy the ending...!)

Happy Thursday, Nikki.

Have a great weekend.

GOD BLESS!

Nana Jul said...

That sounds like fun!! I can't wait to hear what the two of you come up with...hope you'll share that because you never know who you'll inspire!
Love ya sister!
Julie

Launna said...

I love those kinds of friends Nikki... those ones you can talk about all your wild ideas and just have fun... and encourage each other...

Have a great weekend Nikki <3

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Friendships are precious! Have a wonderful time with your friend changing the world around you. And have a super weekend, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Connie said...

So wonderful to have a friend like that to go on adventures with. I enjoyed your list of grateful things. Have a nice Sunday! :)

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Grateful for that same anchor. What would we do without Him?

Connie Arnold said...

Very special! Thanks for sharing your list to be grateful for. Hope you have a beautiful week, filled with blessings, fun and adventures!