Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday

“There are times to stay put and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.”  Lemony Snicket

Many times in my life things have shown up expectantly, but not everything. Some things I had to go after and even fight for. I like it better when things come to me with no effort on my part. Unfortunately, that's not the norm. 

There are things I want to do but I get so distracted that they get pushed to the side. It's easy to let things slide but I love the excitement of new adventures. So today, making a commitment to myself  to just go for it!!!!  Grateful today for.....

-opportunities that are everywhere. 
-people to dream and run with. Grateful for friends who get me, and feel the same way and even for some who are in the same exact place as me. 
-my girls - can't say enough how thankful I am for them. They changed me, taught me how to love and trust and live. 
-the place where I live is surrounded by nature. And nature makes my heart sing. When we moved here a few years ago, I came kicking and screaming. I don't like change, but I love love love this place now. 
-mostly that He's there always, His love a constant. Maya Angelou said, 'love liberates.' It's what His love gave me - freedom. Some days when I'm overwhelmed with happy, I think, it's 'cause of Him, cause of how He reached so far down to pull me out and then hung around and put up with all my crazies. He stayed and loved, and loved more and loved ever more. It's what I'm most grateful for. 

Happy Thursday, Guys.

 

5 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful post filled with anticipation of the next adventure and encouragement because of what He has done! His love is amazing! I got a kick out of the duck; great illustration! Have a fabulous day, Nikki!

Blessings,
Sandi

Launna said...

Happy Thursday Nikki... I know what you mean about some of those great things we have to go through craziness for... I like when it's easy too but as you said, that rarely happens... We just have to enjoy each day..

Connie said...

Sometimes opportunities show up in surprising ways and from surprising places, but like you said, more often we have to work for what we want. Nature makes me happy too. It always helps to calm me down. Have a nice weekend.

Sharon said...

Nature surrounds me, too. And when we moved 2 1/2 years ago, I also came kicking and screaming. But, it's starting to feel like home...

...and I'm grateful for that! A God-thing for sure!

GOD BLESS!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Have a blessed Sunday!