Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thankful Thursday



"Go outside amidst the simple beauty of nature and know that as long as places like this exist, there will be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be." Anne Frank

It's how I feel whenever I'm down by the water or out somewhere in the woods or up on the mountains. Nothing else matters b/c right then and there I have an amazing assurance that everything will be alright. Thankful for......

-Every bit of nature - the trees, the forests, the lakes, the animals, the flowers, the wind, and rain and sun. 
-that my girls share my love of nature, so much so, my oldest has chosen to study environmental science.  
-watching my youngest draw. She's got amazing talent. 
-been busy outlining a workshop I'm giving in a couple of weeks on writing memoir. Grateful to share what I've learned. 
-mostly that He is my anchor, my source of strength and hope. Can't imagine what I'd do without His gentle presence. 

Happy Thursday, Guys. 

7 comments:

Launna said...

Being outside in the woods or mountains certainly can change your attitude and show you the beauty in this world... I am grateful for those times I spend outside too...

Have and amazing and lovely week ahead Nikki :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I completely agree with you about nature, Nikki. It's when I'm outside at the beach or walking along a path through the woods that I feel so at peace and close to God.
And to think He created it all for our enjoyment! Have a peaceful weekend, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Chatty Crone said...

Just stopping by and giving you a hug!

Connie said...

I feel the same way you do about nature, Nikki. It gives me a feeling of peace that I can't get anywhere else.

Crown of Beauty said...

Nature does have an amazing way to speak affirmation to us... even just a gentle breeze brings a smile to my face! That's because God's original plan is for us to live in Eden, in Paradise. We have a memory of where our DNAs originated. And someday, that is where we will live for all eternity...

Yes indeed, what would we do without His guidance and gentle presence?

Happy Thursday to you... Friday here already.

Sharon said...

Of all the creatures that I see up in the mountains, the chipmunks are my favorite! They're so entertaining with their quick movements and twitchy tails and adorable faces!!

Your girls sound so awesome! You must be so proud.

GOD BLESS!

Nana Jul said...

Nature; it's awesome, it's peaceful, it's exhilarating, it's calm, it's beautiful. God does such wonderful things all around us. May the LORD bless your workshop and all the preparations you are putting into it!
Love you Nikki~
Jul