Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars" Bart Howard

We've been singing that song all week. Maybe b/c they sang it at the graduation or maybe b/c  summer days just feels so incredibly good. Everything is laid back,  lazy and total fun.

Whatever it is....it feels good. Grateful for....

-trip to see the whales. Exhilarating to speed across the water and witness these magnificent creatures play in freedom and grace. Breathtaking and humbling. I still see them in my mind.
-Met a new friend, someone whose a kindred spirit, who has a story like mine and also a desire to shine hope. 
-hiking again everywhere. Breathing in the smell of trees, woods, flowers and water. Nothing gives a greater high than nature.
-spending quality time with my girls, laughing, chatting, goofing around.
-Mostly that He's in my blood....in my soul, singing songs of happy over and over and over. I have no idea what tomorrow brings, but for today, fly me to the moon and let me play among His stars. 

Happy Thursday, Guys!!!!!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Love that song - and you're right, it does remind me of this summer season! I've never gone whale-watching! You'd think that living in California all these years that I would have - (a tendency to seasickness might have something to do with it!) But they are indeed beautiful creatures.

And yes, nature is such a natural high - couldn't agree more!

Have fun and precious days with your girls, Nikki.

GOD BLESS!

Nana Jul said...

I love that He sings songs of Happy over us!! Makes me smile! I'm so glad you're enjoying this summer season and all it holds!
Whale watching is awesome! All of nature displays His Glory!
Hope your week is fantastic!!
Shine on.
Love,
Julie

Launna said...

This is uplifting as always Nikki... being outdoors on a nice day can replenish our souls. There is so much beauty, I have been walking for quite a few miles for the past four days, I am really enjoying being out, it has helped me appreciate all the beauty. Have a great weekend :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Nikki,
It sounds like your Summer is off to a great start. Being out among nature gives me my high too.
I love what you said about Him being in your blood. We don't have to put Him in a suitcase or backpack to take Him along because He is right there inside of us. Awesome, isn't it?

I am about to have all my kids home for three weeks so I will be taking a blogging break after Monday. Talk to you when I get back. Till then, keep smiling!

Love and hugs from PEI,
Sandi

Margie said...

Sounds like such magical times.
Enjoy every moment.
You are blessed.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad HE is in your soul!

Connie said...

Beautiful post, Nikki! I am really loving the summertime too. Seeing the whales sounds so exciting. :)