Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"In my daughter's eyes I am a hero. 
I am strong and wise and I know no fear. 
But the truth is plain to see 
She was sent to rescue me. 
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes." James T. Slater

I feel like the luckiest person in the world. It's 'cause of my kids. They're amazing. They've been my teachers on how to live my best life. This morning, I'm feeling puffed with gratitude that they're in my world.....that they're my kids.

My oldest has told me a few times, I'm her hero. But the truth is she's mine. Grateful for....

-just totally proud of my girls....they shine in my world. 
-my oldest received the community's honour youth award for her humanitarian efforts on helping others locally and internationally. 
-hiking in the woods again. Feels sooo good.
-started writing again. Playing with the story and doing it for me. Words are so fun. I love getting into the character's heads and seeing the world from their perspective.  
-Mostly that He's opened my world up in so many incredible ways. He's given me reasons galore to live with gratitude.

Happy Thursday Guys. Hope the day is amazing for all of you!!!!
 

12 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

I love your gratitude posts. You have come so far. Your daughters should be Very proud of you!!

Saleslady371 said...

Beautiful words, Nikki. Your oldest sounds like my oldest. When she was little, my Bible Study teacher once told me: "she is your rainbow after every storm." So true.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You have every right to be proud of your girls. Our children are gifts and they stretch us and make us better. Your oldest sounds like my youngest. He won an award when he graduated from High School for something very similar. I really enjoyed your post of gratitude, Nikki. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your Mother's Day!

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Launna said...

I love your posts... they always uplift me and I leave feeling good...

I think the world of my daughters too... they have become strong girls that know what they want.. They became as wonderful as they are... in spite of me..

Love your blog so much... have a great weekend ahead :)

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

A blessed weekend to you and your girls, Nikki.

Nana Jul said...

Happy Mother's Day Nikki - so glad I had my kids to help grow me up. I'm still learning and growing- Praise the Lord, He's helping me still!
Enjoy Spring...smile proudly...tuck it into your heart!
Love ya
Jul

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

precious post...and they rise up and call her blessed
Happy Mother's Day

Joy said...

So wonderful to have children especially when they are walking the road to life, but so sad when they turn away from the truth....
Anyway, there are lot of things to be thankful about:)

Connie said...

Congratulations to your oldest! I'm sure you are proud of your daughters and rightly so. Our kids teach us so much. I'm so thrilled to be able to get out and walk and hike too. Nice to get to enjoy nature again. Hope you have a nice Mother's Day!

Anna said...

I love that song. So special!

Chatty Crone said...

I think the girls are right!

Sharon said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day! And I so agree with you - my sons have taught me so much about life. And through my love for them, I have learned so much more about our Father's love for us.

GOD BLESS!