Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"Courage is found in unlikely places." J.R.R. Tolkien

Sometimes I hear about someone's life experience and it reminds me to stay focused and live my best life. Those incredible people who face tough times and yet somehow find the will and the bravery to push through the difficult and stand strong. Grateful for.....

-all the brave people I know fighting cancer. 
-friends who got laid off work, lost their income, struggled to make ends meet, but somehow reinvented themselves and pushed their way back up. 
-the mom who decided to go up against the mental health system and fight for the rights of her daughter in spite of powerful resistance.
-the amazing couple who foster and adopt children no one else wants. Many of the kids come broken and with difficult problems, but to my friends, the kids are worth every bit of time and energy and love. 
-Mostly for the courage He's infused me with....courage to be real...to stand strong, to live my best life...and maybe just maybe....courage to make a difference in someone else's life. 

Happy Thursday, Guys!!!
  

11 comments:

Launna said...

It inspires me when someone comes from difficult times and makes something of themselves... love your posts Nikki ♡

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Those folks who stand strong through difficult circumstances are amazing. But what is even more amazing is that we know that with God,'all things are possible.' I'm so thankful we have a God like Him; a Friend and Memtor like Him. He's someone we can go to at any hour of any day and He's always there waiting to listen, waiting to guide us in the right dirction. Nikki, I wish for you and your family an amazing and joyous holiday season. Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Christmas blessings & hugs,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sorry, I meant to say, a Friend and Mentor like Him.

Connie said...

Wonderful post, Nikki. I know many who have shown courage and have inspired me.

Chatty Crone said...

You know the longer I live the more amazing stories I hear - just makes me amazed at the strength some people have. sand ie

Sharon said...

I am inspired by the strong testimony of people's strength and faith in adverse circumstances. It is a powerful witness of the Holy Spirit's work.

C hrist
O nly
U ndertaking
R eal life
A nd
G lorifying
E verything!

GOD BLESS!

Wanda's Wings said...

I am glad God gives us the strength when we are not sure if we are going to make it.

Lisa notes... said...

I've never thought of myself as a courageous person, but I love how you put this: "courage to be real...to stand strong, to live my best life." Yes, that takes courage, and in Christ, I can do that! Thanks for this encouragement.

Hope you are well. May you have a blessed Christmas!

Crown of Beauty said...

You have shared on courage so beautifully, and of course, you know what you are talking about. For you are one courageous young woman... and your story has been a blessing to many! Praying that this season will bring you a fresh infusion of hope from heaven, dear Nikki. Love, Lidia

Cindy said...

You need to know that you have made a difference in mine Sarah. You inspire, and encourage, and are so strong. I had to drop by and wish you a Merry Christmas. love and peace.

Unknown said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours.