Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday

“When people ask me why I run, I tell them, it's the feeling when you cross that finish line, and know that you're a winner no matter what place you got.” Courtney Parsons

Sometimes things pay off in ways I don't anticipate: recognition, awards, wins. It's fun when that happens....but it's not the reason I do what I do.

Real winners to me, are the people who stand up, do what's in their hearts and reach for their best and don't give in to fear. 
This week I'm grateful for.....

-My daughter receiving a prestigious award for her humanitarian work in the community. She's a great kid....kind, giving and gentle and someone who inspires me to live my best life. 
-My dgt winning the writing contest at the school board. I love that the two of us share a love of writing.
-Writing a chunk more of my latest book, The Game Player. The characters are coming alive again. For awhile it was touch and go but now, I'm running with it again. Yeah!!!!
-For people everywhere who stand up, follow their hearts, have their voice and are making a difference in other people's lives. 
-Mostly - that He loved me enough to pull me out of darkness. He's the reason I wake up smiling. He's the reason I reach for my dreams. He's the reason life is so totally amazing now. 

13 comments:

Joy said...

So happy for all your achievements and your daughters too:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So true about people who give their all without fear. Those are awesome accomplishments for your daughter.

Launna said...

Congratulations to your daughter, that is so awesome:)

I am glad you are writing with abandon again... sometimes it isn't easy:)

Just Be Real said...

Woo hoo congrats to your daughter. Blessings to you dear one. Hugs.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh you are all wonderful women! Congrats to you. Going thru the fear. sandie

Esther Joy said...

Love that last paragraph you wrote! And good luck on your next book! I was thinking about you today as I reminded myself to be "gentle" to myself! Said a prayer for you as I thought of you!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh it is so nice to be proud of your daughter...and you have had a good week of thankfulness

Nana Jul said...

Your daughters are walking in your footsteps sister...what a legacy you are leaving!! So Proud!
Thank you for praying for my Dad - great news...they got all the cancer! We are praising God!
Love ya,
Jul
PS...can't wait to read your next book!

Connie said...

Congratulations to your daughter! I'm glad to hear the writing is going well for you on your book too. I always enjoy reading your thankful posts. They remind me how much I have to be thankful for. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a wonderful week for your family! That's so awesome.

And yes, above all my earthly achievements, I'm looking forward to that heavenly crown!

GOD BLESS!

Amrita said...

I love surprises. I got one on May 12th when I was given special recognition in church for my services. Praise God

R's Rue said...

Wow!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Anna said...

So true!