Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thankful Thursday


" There is something infinitely healing in the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter." Rachel Carson

It snowed this week. And temps were freezing. But on the news....they promised  the end of this week will be warmer.... definitely spring weather.

The weather these last two weeks reminds me of life. Sometimes things start turning around for the better and then without warning.....they revert back to yuck

But it never stays awful. Spring is guaranteed. So is the hope that things will always turn around for the better. This week, I'm grateful for......

-the group of women in the prison that I spoke to. They're all reading my first book and told me it's giving them tremendous hope.
-a worker at the prison emailed me afterward and said, she's now reading my book and wants to meet me. Rippling effect. Love that!
-mentoring a couple of people....love that I can give back what I've learned and watching them reach for their best is so awesome.
-we went back to where we used to live and hiked the hills. Being there...on the trails...in the woods....in nature trumps everything. 
-peace....amazing incredible peace. His peace. It feels incredible.

13 comments:

Launna said...

This is a great post Nikki... I too am grateful for the knowledge that the Spring always comes... We just have to be patient :-)

Just Be Real said...

Nikki, I an so happy to see how God is using you and how you have grown. It is in those "yuck" times that we grow. Hugs my friend.

BelovedBomber said...

I never thought of that but so true. Sometimes things start getting better and then turn back to yuck...the enemy would like us to be discouraged but spring always breaks through and so does God!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Yes, Spring always comes sooner or later. This year it is later on the Island but I know change is coming.
The past few months have been 'yuck' for me but how I am encouraged with the change for the better these past two weeks! Today, I am thankful for healing and His constant companionship.
Hubby just finished your book!
Have a great weekend, Nikki, and thank you for being you.

Blessings & big hugs,
Sandi

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Spring is coming.....there has been strange weather everywhere these days!

joy said...

Oh! I wish that spring weather will come here too. It is snowing everyday, almost.

But anyway, it will come. Never fails every year:)

Being grateful for everything makes life brighter. That is what you do. An inspiration.

HUgs from me:)

Cami said...

I've missed you :)

So, is your book published? The one you've been working on? -The one the lady emailed you about or is this a difference one? I'm proud of you and so excited for you!!

Hope the weather starts to warm up a bit for you! ox

Chatty Crone said...

It is comforting to know that spring follows winter - there is always hope. sandie

Nana Jul said...

Wonderful post! The anticipation of Spring...Winter gives you a taste then blam...but it Always comes, just like you said! Spring is my FAVORITE!!
Mentoring...how awesome to pass on what you've learned and get to see them grow. Sharing your wisdom, and having someone listen - that's awesome.
Love ya!
Jul

Connie said...

Wonderful post, Nikki! That promise that things will get better is something we are very fortunate to have.

RCUBEs said...

With the stagnant air in the prison, I know how refreshing you are! And the Lord's work that He started in you continues to touch the lives of those still in the dark...Praying for the Lord's protection wherever you are...God bless sister.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing about the prison! I'm very proud of you for spreading your hope and wisdom around. I'm Thankful Thursday that I found your blog and that you read mine.

Be well,
NOS

Reformed rebel said...

Nikki ~ So excited for you that you are speaking at the prison. Teaching others and helping them to see JESUS is what it's all about! I can so relate to what you said about life, how it starts turning around and then reverts back on you. So thankful that GOD is always there even in those times!

Blessings to you...Chelle