Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"Love has within it a redemptive power....a power that eventually transforms individuals." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Someone asked me the other day, what made the difference in turning my life around. I didn't have to hesitate. I knew. It was the touch of His gentleness.....the touch of His love. 

Love made the difference...love that waited....love that never forced me to be or do anything. Accepting...gentle love that met me right where I was...in the dark...in the pain...in the shame. And that love gave me courage to walk out of the darkness. 

On the first thankful thursday of 2013....I remember and I'm grateful for.....

-Grace...undeserved...unearned....it turned my life around. 
-Love...so strong and powerful....I couldn't resist it. It did what nothing else could do. It softened the hardness of my heart. 
-Peace...it replaced the angst....it calmed that inner restlessness....the wild...out of control....the relentless living on the edge. 
-Joy....it lifted the despair...the hopelessness that coloured everything and filled me inside with this crazy hard to explain happy.
-Him.....His friendship always there...never leaving...always running with me through the good stuff and not so good. And more than that....He gave me purpose....a reason for being. More than anything else....I'm thankful for Him!

10 comments:

RCUBEs said...

I believe I love being near oceans because they remind me of His love. Endless. What depths! the length...Yet...still my mind would not completely comprehend...Because it's true. His love is unfathomable. Blessings to you sister.

Connie said...

Beautiful photo and wonderful words to accompany it! We have so much to be grateful for. Hope you have a nice day!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for sharing...I keep praying for my son and his wife to be that His kindness leads us to repentance, and therefore, it is His love that draws us to Him...may the Lord draw them as He did you through His love

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you Nikki for helping to make this world a better place. You are a testiment to His goodness.
I am still on a blogging break but wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year.

Blessings & hugs,
Sandi

middle child said...

"love that never forced me to do or be...."
That really spoke to me. Thank you for allowing God to speak through you.

Sharon said...

Couldn't agree more. There is no better gift in life than the wonderful love of HIM!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!

GOD BLESS!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Something to be more thankful for then anything else!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love this " It was the touch of His gentleness.....the touch of His love." Brought me to tears.

Nana Jul said...

You nailed it...Love made the difference...love that waited....love that never forced me to be or do anything. Accepting...gentle love that met me right where I was...in the dark...in the pain...in the shame. And that love gave me courage to walk out of the darkness.
BRAVO!! YES.YES.YES.
Greatest explanation of the GREATNESS of His Love I have ever heard!
I needed that today!
Love,
Jul

joy said...

My thankfulness too, but you put them in words. Thanks!