Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stillness

Linking with Still Saturday  Laura at Faith Filled Friday  and Charlotte at Spiritual Sunday

"You can listen to silence, Reuven.You can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and dimension all its own. It talks to me sometimes. I feel myself alive in it. It talks. And I can hear it.” Chaim Potok, The Chosen

There are times I just crave silence. It's a need....to be alone....to get away from all the noise and busyness and go into the woods....or up in the hills.....somewhere outside in nature.....where it's quiet and I can listen for the whisper of His voice....and feel the awesome of the power of His gentleness. 

I come home changed - I'm stronger...more courageous, more determined to live life with greater compassion and trust. And I feel more connected to everything and everyone around me. 

Silence. 
In the silence...in the quiet...in the calm....I hear His voice.  
In the silence...He empowers me to stand up stand strong and never be afraid.  
In the silence...I hear His song in my heart speaking peace. 

 Be still my soul

19 comments:

Laura Rath said...

Hi Nikki,
I read your comment on my blog and came right over to read what you wrote about silence. You're right--we wrote from different perspectives, but both are so true. Sometimes I need silence to hear God. Life gets so noisy and busy that it drowns Him out. Often it's my own busyness & trying to keep up with everything that keeps me from hearing Him.

Blessings,
Laura

Amrita said...

Yes it is good to come away and rest awhile. The Bible says, Be still and know that I am God.

I wish you all the best for the new book.

RCUBEs said...

It is in those quiet moments when I achieve calm and peace in my soul. No wonder, He often reminds us:

To be still and know...

He is God!

Praying His calm and peace and joy over you!!! Take care sis and like what we always say: Stay strong!!!

;)

Saleslady371 said...

Ah, the peace of silence in my home this morning and then I played your song. Very soothing. You wrote this for me (but all of us think that.lol!)
Hugs,
Mary

joy said...

I am always doing somthing, reading something and I have to disciplined myself to be quiet in God's presence. The best place to be ever:)

Connie said...

Silence does offer us peace and a time of reflection. I like to have silence to give me a chance to meditate and pray. Lovely post.

Chatty Crone said...

I do love the sounds of silence myself once in awhile - I hear God much clearer. sandie

Nana Jul said...

Ah...the peace silence brings. Refeshing, restoring, restful. It clears your mind of clutter...and fills you back up again!
It was how my day was yesterday.
Love ya!
Jul

Nava said...

I have to have some 'quiet time' every day. Thanks for sharing.

sharon said...

Lovely words if I don't have my quiet time with God at the start of the day it will assuredly go pearshaped!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and my soul feels soothed. Thank you.

Connie Arnold said...

Those quiet moments are so important for hearing that still, small voice and filling the spirit with calmness and peace. Thank you for the beautiful post!

Lisa notes... said...

Me, too, Nikki. I draw strength from being in his presence in the silence. I crave it. Hope you're doing well. Have a blessed week.

Crown of Beauty said...

Silence, in the presence of a mighty God, empowers me and infuses fresh strength into me! I love silence, Nikki. This post, and the song, speak so much to me.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I need to enjoy the silence...I always need to hear Him

Unknown said...

As an outgoing person of words, silence is something I am learning to appreciate more with each year. God often hides himself in silence as a way of nudging us to stop, look, and listen.

Thanks for sharing!

Karen
Idaho
Via Spiritual Sundays

Charlotte said...

I like the quiet times too. Times to be still and know that He is God...and listen.

Anna said...

So true! I could definitely use some quiet reflection time.

Mary said...

Yes, the silence. So important! Thank you for sharing this!