Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Linking up with Cami at First Day of my Life

Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what's going on outside of us, there's always something we could be grateful for." Barry Neil Kaufman

-Learning to exhale when things go wrong. My car should have been fixed on Monday. It was a simple bumper job. The garage called....they scratched it. Part of me wanted to get upset....the other part just wanted to breathe b/c in the grand scheme of things....this is just a peewee thing. 
-my sister who cracks me up with her craziness. I love listening to her stories and hearing her beautiful laugh.
-Researching and finding key people for the story I'm working on...people in another city who have pieces of information I need. I've discovered how much I love love love uncovering hidden stories.
-my oldest dgt. short-listed again for another poetry contest. It was for a poem called Rough not Tough. It's a beautiful piece about not judging people by the way they look. I love her heart.
-Mostly for His friendship...it's a constant....one that I can always count on. Knowing He's there....and will never ever leave, gives me incredible courage to face life's challenges.

16 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, nice list.

Mary said...

would your daughter be willing for you to post her poem sometime, i would love to read it.

you, dear Nikki, are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Learning to exhale is an incredible feet to achieve....I'm still in pre-k....wink wink

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Nikki,
Your post is an inspiration as usual. Yay for your daughter!

This week has been filled with one medical emergency after another in my family.
My DIL miscarried, Hubby's having medical issues, among other things. But in the midst of it all, I know God is in control. The Lord is taking care of all of us.
I thank Him for the peace He gives me even while things are topsy-turvy!
Thanks for sharing your list. You are such a blessing!

Hugs,
Sandi

highheeledlife said...

Good morning my friend. Congratulations to your daughter!! That is so exciting.

Wonderful list ... and the reminder to let small things go; Blessings, xo HHL

Cami said...

Learning to exhale and to let God take care of it <3
That is so precious about your daughter..YAY. You should post her poem :)

I have a Thankful Thursday link-up if you'd like to join there :)

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Galen Pearl said...

Gratitude in the center of challenge is a challenge in itself, but when we can focus on gratitude, the breathing comes more easily. Lovely post.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How wonderful to have so much fun with your sister. You should share her poem, it sounds wonderful.

Shattered said...

Breathing at the right times is so crucial isn't it? Great list.

Jennifer

nicolewian said...

So grateful for His friendship as well!

Wanda's Wings said...

So up lifting!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have a lot going on. I'm sorry about the car. Maybe you will post the poem?

Nana Jul said...

It's a good thing when we recognize when we just need to let it go...keeping stuff in the right perspective is important...but sometimes really tough to do. Good Job!!!
How fun discovering and uncovering pieces of a hidden story...I sense God's hand in that!
Your daughter's poem sounds wonderful and her heart also! Following in mom's footsteps with her own creativity showing- Awesome! Hope your car is fixed soon!
Love ya.
Jul

Anonymous said...

Yes...gratitude is life changing. :) Hugs to you...

Blessings,
Tammy

Chatty Crone said...

You have a good heart from all your gratefulness. Love, sandie

Just Be Real said...

Sister Nikki, I cannot agree anymore. Amen and amen. Blessings and hugs.