Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Linking up with Dayle at Simple Pleasures

I'm thankful for the birds; I feel like they're singing just for me when I get up in the morning...saying, 'good morning, John. You made it, John.'  Johnny Cash 

I used to work with this older woman who constantly said...I'm grateful God spared my life for another day. I used to think she was a bit weird...but now....thinking about her....maybe she wasn't after all.  She had figured out the joy of expressing her gratitude. I'm thankful for....

-hiking the wooded trails with my girls...and seeing a big old beaver in a marsh. He was huge and my girls and I broke into a happy dance.
-having the comfort of a safe, warm home when it's raining like crazy outside.
-Hearing the teachers tell me it's a delight for them to teach my dgt. 
-Flowers.....we roamed a flower market....looking at so many different kinds of flowers in a myriad of rich colors.....eye candy that feels so good.
-Faith that opened my heart and pulled me out of darkness into Light. Faith that never gives up....on me or anybody. Faith that wakes me up wanting to sing even when things are not going the best. Faith that reminds me I'm not alone anymore.  

15 comments:

Angel said...

Yes! Oh the joy of "faith that reminds me I'm not alone anymore." Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

This is the attitude we need to have Sarah, a constant state of gratefulness towards our Creator!

Maria

Susan said...

Great simple pleasures, Sarah. I definitely agree with you 100 percent. Gratitude fills my heart with love. When I'm thanking, I'm not complaining!

Thanks so much for your visits to my blog and comments, too. Susan

Debbie said...

"Faith that reminds me I'm not alone any more"

That last line summed it all up really beautifully. I love that quote from Johnny Cash at the beginning too. I had never heard that.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am thankful for living through last night, and everything is fine. We never went to bed, tornado warnings all night. They have sent the Guard in. I am so very thankful that we are alright and so is the house, and our friends. I have had enough of spring and I now want winter back!! This is just the beginning!

Ms.Daisy said...

Oh Sarah, you have expressed your thoughts so beautifully today. Just what I needed to hear. I'd never heard that Johnny Cash quote but I can hear him saying it!

~Jean

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Beautiful, Sarah. I can relate to the "weird" old woman. I say something similar everyday. It is a gift to wake up and see another day. Your list of blessings made me smile, as always.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Your list is wonderful...I love the beaver and the visual of a "happy dance"...may we never grow to old to do a "happy dance"

Joan Hall said...

Love this Sarah. I took a photo of a beaver lodge while walking at the local nature preserve, but I've yet to see a beaver. Maybe some day!

Just Be Real said...

Sarah you never disappoint me with what you have to share. Thank you dear one. Blessings.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think this deserves and AMEN!

Nana Jul said...

Faith that wakes me up wanting to sing even when things are not going the best- just a few days ago, I woke up singing a praise song!
So Awesome when that happens!
So many blessings to be thankful for!
God is so good!
Happy TT!
Love,
Julie

Wanda's Wings said...

I'm thankful for YOU! you bring light into darkness. Jesus is truly good.

Trish said...

Amen Sarah!!
I usually say "Thank You Lord for keeping us through the night."
Every day is another gift :-)
bless you..Trish

Dulçe ♥ said...

And I am thankful for having got to meet you and remind me of all the things I should also be thankful for
Hugs :-)