Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

"It's Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air" W.T. Ellis

I can still remember feeling lonely, empty and desperate during the holidays. Now - it's different...I love this season...with its magic...and His love. This week....I'm really thankful for: 

- opportunities to give back...my family's been helping out at a community outreach the last two weeks and on Christmas Day....we're hosting a family in need.  

-  the financial ability to bring a gift to people who've helped me..a small token of my gratitude to them for being in my corner. Seeing their smiles....makes me feel really good.  

- Proud to be my girl's mom. My 10 year old got $20. from a friend. Even though I told her not to...she spent the whole thing on me...buying me a bear she knew I loved.  

- for neighbours and friends and family who have shown me so much kindness and support....and that includes all of you guys. I am sooo thankful for you guys.
  
-I'm especially grateful for the touch of the power of His gentleness...it was His touch that turned my life around and filled the empty lonely places with so much love, peace and joy. I never knew this could ever be possible.

8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Christmas is all about reaching out, and you really know the true meaning of Christmas, Spreading your own blessings to others! Isn't it great to be able, financially and emothonally, to give and ask nothing in return.

Mike Golch said...

I hope that you and your family have a fantanstic Christmas and one Hecl of a New Year.

Nana Jul said...

Nothing is impossible for those who believe! May your Christmas be truly blessed from beginning to end.
I was just reading 1 Cor. 2:9 No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him!
Just soak it in!! Be Awed by the ONE who Loves you so much!!
Merry Christmas Nikki.
Love,
Julie

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Merry Christmas Sarah to you and your family. You are so special to be sharing your blessings with others. It sounds like your 10 yr old has inherited your big heart.You have trained her well.
Annette

Bernie said...

Merry Christmas sweet Sarah, wishing you a wonderful 2011 filled with much love, health and many blessings.....:-)Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful, so happy for you. Have a blessed Christmas. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am grateful to be able to read you and to let you know how your posts make me feel. :)

Sherry Southard said...

I know where you have been and where you are headed. Last year I lost my husband to Cancer. It was a lousy, lonely Christmas. This year it was better because God helped me through it and I sang the songs and watched the movies that go along with Christmas. Most of all, I worshipped God and praised him for Jesus.Thank you for showing us all things work out to the good for those who love the Lord.