Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Gratitude is a vaccine, an antitoxin, and an antiseptic”  John Henry Jowett

We've been away all week...on holidays...having a great time.  It's hard for me to leave home. For two weeks before we left.. .I worried about leaving and being away....I constantly fight against the feeling of wanting to go home even when the holidays are great. And this one has been. No matter how much fun we're having something inside me always wants to go home.....But I fight against listening that voice...mostly for my kids. Saying thank-you heals something inside me......It takes away some of the fears and replaces them with a contentment. Today I'm so thankful for

- having the two most amazing kids who make me want to live my best life
-the bond and love my kids and I share -
-the means to travel to nice places - pretty darn far from living on the streets
-family and friends, including you guys - who are in my corner..always believing the best for me and who stay making me want to live my best life too.
-overwhelming love from Him....He's made all the difference  - He let me live...He nevers goes away....never gets fed up with me....never withdraws His love. He accepts all of me and because of that I really do want to live my best life.....

11 comments:

Denise said...

My dear friend, our Father loves you with all of His heart, and will never leave you.

Karen said...

Beautiful thankful list....

Dolores Ayotte said...

Home...I have the exact same feelings when I'm away from home. I don't quite understand why, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

Great list of things to be thankful for Nikki!

S. Susan Deborah said...

Dear Sarah:

How nice your gratitude list is! I join with you in praising god for his love and concern towards us.

We are after all more than conquerors!!!

Joy and courage always,
Susan

RCUBEs said...

We all need that time of refreshment. Even more rejuvenating that He is with you [us] wherever you go. God bless you sister and glory be to God!

Nana Jul said...

Going away makes coming home even sweeter!
Imagine how we'll feel when we get to heaven!!
Great thankful list!
Love,
Julie

God Whispers said...

Sarah, I always find comfort in your words. Thank you dear one.

Cindy said...

Sarah, good for you for not going home, this happens to me all the time. I force myself to go out and to stay out...I like your list, you are perfect as you are. have a great weekend.

Wanda's Wings said...

Glad you had such a great time. You deserve it!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I always want to go home, also. Great list of thankfulness.
kim

Brian Miller said...

glad you enjoyed your holiday...nice grat list as well...His love endures...