Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Thanks Sonya Lee for hosting T.T. Anyone wanting to participate post five things you're thankful for and then add your name at http://truth4thejourney.blogspot.com/


I don't like winter. I don't like the cold....I don't like not being able to go outside... or get out in the woods....And it's been hard to get back into a routine...having to wake the kids up early, rushing in the mornings, the darkness that doesn't begin to lift until 7:30...and the tiredness we all feel lately. But I still remember when life was too hard, when I lived on the streets, when finding resources were a matter of survival...Today - I'm really thankful for:
-a warm home to live in.
-a safe place to stay
-cupboards and a fridge stocked with healthy food

-appropriate clothing for the weather
-the love of God and family and friends.

12 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Awwww dearest Sarah, I know how much you do not like the cold.

Your five things that you are thankful for are priceless and I am so glad that you are!!!! Stay warm dear one. Blessings and warm hugs.

Casey said...

I too hate the cold. Your list is wonderful and things that many of us take for granted.Thank you for sharing

Nana Jul said...

Amen to warm and cozy! I am thankful for Cuddle duds! I just bought some yesterday and will be sporting them today! Praise God for supplying us all we need!
Stay warm...smile. This too shall pass.
Julie

Greg C said...

I am not a fan of cold weather either but it is necessary to keep the bug population under control. So I trust God for making it cold. Great thankful list.

Andrea said...

AMEN, Sister! Thank you for your honesty! I don't like the cold, but love snow. I know....just a bit weird, b/c you can't have one without the other. My hubby laughs at me, b/c I beg for snow and then whine about freezing.
Blessings, andrea

RCUBEs said...

Be safe! God bless and keep you.

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

I love your transparency in truth. Thank you!

SusanD said...

Rejoicing with you for all the basics that too many people take for granted. Blessings, SusanD

Wanda's Wings said...

Great list.

Dulce said...

I love your posts- oh Sarah!

Sweet bitter winter...

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

WOW, this is such a precious thankful list. I'm also thankful for those things, but perhaps I take them for granted because I've not had to go without. Thank you for sharing life from a different perspective today. I'm thankful for your openness.

Brookie said...

It's amazing how an attitude of gratitude can increase your joy in all things - even the things you don't like.
Praise God for your thankful heart. Thank you for sharing.