Friday, November 6, 2009

55 Flash Friday

To participate in 55 Flash Friday write your story in 55 words, no more, no less and then click on the link and let the g-man know. Have fun. http://g-man-mrknowitall.blogspot.com/


I crept upstairs. Heart pounding. Hands sweating. Home alone. It startled me. A heavy thud. A murderer? Rapist? Robber? But something pushed me to see, to know, to find out. What was it?  Cautiously I peered into the bedroom - Relief. Smiled - a plaque, “Be still and know” - had fallen from the wall.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Be still and know" ~ perfect touch to the anxiety those unknown noises can stir. I relaxed myself after seeing it was just a plaque. Nicely done.

My 55 is posted: Flash 55 ~ Awakening

Brian Miller said...

ha. love the funny little twist at the end. great 55. hope you have a great weekend!

Greg C said...

I like it. Anticipation is often worse than reality.

Dr.John said...

Watch out for falling plaques.
Great 55

I have finished my 55.
You’ll find it

HERE.

anthonynorth said...

The simplest things can give us a fright, can't they? Nicely done.

Rose said...

I love it. I can so relate to that story but its way to long to mention here...but let's just say it involves flash backs of psycho, a shower and a falling picture. God must get a chuckle out of us sometimes.

clean and crazy said...

ooh, i have so been there. great 55!! mine is up too

G-Man said...

Sarah?
Excellent 55 My Dear...
Suspenseful yet whimsical!
Thank You so much for playing along this Friday.
You Rock Baby!
Have a Grand Week-End...G

mile191 said...

Very nice...well thought and reflected. Have a happy weekend.

Saleslady371 said...

This is so cool. I am clapping my hands for you!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I jump up and down applauding! This is a great 55!!! ♥

Just Be Real said...

Great 55! Be still and know..... very powerful. Blessings dear one!

Mona said...

LOL! That happened to me too once :D

Denise said...

Awesome.